Several important rules have come forth in recent weeks that deserve IWLA’s immediate attention and action. The International Warehouse Logistics Association (IWLA) devotes its time and energy protecting members from harmful regulations affecting warehouse logistics companies.
But for the association to have real impact in Washington, IWLA needs your participation in the government advocacy process. Join your warehousing peers and speak to your elected officials Oct. 21 & 22, 2015, in Washington during the IWLA Council Summit & Regulatory Fly-in.
You will participate in lobbying efforts, learn about pressing issues, and get in front of decision makers. IWLA brings in regulatory experts – along with the IWLA Washington Representative – to answer all your questions and help you prepare for what’s next.
The IWLA Council Summit (Oct. 21) brings together top U.S. specialists in the most highly regulated segments of the industry—food, chemical, and transportation.
- Jennifer Gibson, National Association of Chemical Distributors, will discuss process safety management standards, global harmonization, and risk management programs during the Chemical Council meeting.
- Rick Frankey, director of supply chain at Nutra Blend, will present during the Food Council meeting about customer expectations.
- Also during the food session, Mike Stratton, quality systems manager at Sonwil Distribution, will discuss the process of obtaining BRC Certification and what to expect.
- During the Transportation Council meeting, Tom Hanan, manager, strategic analysis & industry relations at Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, will address port congestion issues on the East Coast.
The Oct. 22 IWLA Regulatory Fly-in will focus on the latest rulings affecting business owners – and offer you an overview of the 2016 U.S. election. Here’s what’s in store:
- an in-depth discussion on the U.S. National Labor Relations Board’s latest decisions on the joint-employer responsibility status and the increase in overtime exemptions rule;
- a member of the U.S. Senate Environmental Public Works Committee will touch on the highway trust fund;
- executives from the American Trucking Associations and U.S. Chamber of Commerce will conduct a panel presentation on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration;
- representatives from the Coalition for Effective Tax Rates will address the tax laws that impact corporations and the many “pass-through” entities that use individual tax rates; and
- National Public Senatorial Committee members will give an overview of the U.S. Senate races in 2016.
The IWLA Council Summit & Regulatory Fly-in gives you the tools and resources to run your business properly. Registration is $350 – an investment that will most likely save you thousands in the long run. This event represents the value that IWLA creates for the warehouse logistics industry. Register and reserve your hotel before the Sept. 22, 2015 deadline by calling Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill at 202.719.8420.