The 2016 IWLA Convention & Expo attendees left Orlando last week invigorated by the association’s history and ready to take on the next century of warehouse logistics. The 125th convention facilitates new and rekindled friendships – and gave attendees practical, timely information for their professional development and their businesses’ success. Most of all, the anniversary event made us all proud members of IWLA.
- The convention had record attendance – including more than 150 first-timers.
- IWLA members went back in time in the Warehouse Evolution: 1891 to Today Museum in the expo hall. The display showcased how far things have progressed in today’s warehouse and demonstrated how grateful we all can be to have technology! Thank you to our participating members, many of whom are among the earliest and most loyal IWLA members.
- Receptions and networking events hit new heights! From a cigar roller and giant Jenga to shuffleboard and a pool party (with the chairmen’s plunge!) there was many surprises. Special thanks to our fireworks sponsor and outgoing chairman Rob Doyle, president of Doyle Distribution, for closing out an awesome event. And thanks to social and gala sponsors Zethcon and Impact Logistics.
- Keynoter Kaplan Mobray reminded us about the importance of personal branding and how to show clients your core values every time you engage with them. Former Genco CEO Herb Shear gave a candid portrayal of how he led the company through exceptional success. Breakout session topics tackled integrated marketing fundamentals; business valuation and the art of deal-making; and a holistic look at e-commerce from the operations, IT, and ownership perspectives.
- Innovators in the expo hall really stood out: Congratulations to winners Foreverlamp Inc., and Castell Interlocks. In an industry that has evolved so rapidly, it is the innovations of our partner members that help us reach new heights. Thank you for sharing your products and services with us and supporting our industry, association and convention. Without our exhibitors, none of this would be possible!
If you missed it – or if you want to see it again – the 2016 convention is captured here and the view the 125th Anniversary video.